Wednesday, February 11

"This is that foreign land of the sprayed-on tans and it all feels fine be it silk or slime"

No one ever said life would be easy, I've actually been told quite the contrary. Life is difficult and some people don't make it through. I can understand how the weak wouldn't...couldn't survive. You move forward and back, get thrown side to side. There are even times when you are held upside down over the Pacific ocean, expected to give up and drown. Its so difficult to persevere when all your hopes and dreams are ripped from your fingertips. What are you supposed to do when you are told, "choose another dream?" What do you do when you realize your life is nothing what you imagined? And based upon the path that you currently trace, you will never reach your intended destination. I think to myself, these things I wanted my whole life will potentially never be attained. How does someone prepare for that?

We have all these outside sources forcing us to feel bad about ourselves and if that wasn't enough, we begin to believe them. They shove insecurity and self-doubt down our throat til we regurgitate and we don't know any better.

I'm trying to re-learn how to be happy. Truly, blissfully happy without exception. Despite what life has thrown at me, I want to stare it down and say, "is that all you got?!?! Bring it!!" But until I have the strength to back myself I'm just going to crumble, become more rubble for the rest to stand upon.

No comments: