I remember watching the Miss America Pageant when I was little desperately wanting to be pretty enough to ever be considered a contender. Even a few years ago I looked at the requirements in order to try out for the regional pageants. I didn't even meet the height requirement. Aside from every other insane bar that is almost impossible to shoot for, I was really pissed off about the height requirement.
Anyway, the moral of the story is that even though I'm watching the 2008 "Miss America LIVE!" (Which, may I just say, is slightly ridiculous) alone, I have the ability to disengage myself and know that I will NEVER be a pageant contestant. And I have never been more thankful. It has become so BEYOND diluted that it is hard for me to understand why anyone would want to put themselves through such an experience.
(oh boo hoo, seven estranged people didn't vote me the best looking in a bathing suit)
Problems with this years pageant so far (aside from the obvious):
The one girl that was voted in by people at home, was voted OFF again by the judges, and I actually kind of liked her :/
The ONLY TWO black women in the competition have been voted out of the top ten!
I'm only up to the top ten, I'm sure I'll have plenty more as it goes on.
It's really sad actually, it's like the Bad Boob-Job Parade.
On another note, I want to just point out that now that I am 21 years old I feel that noooothing has changed. Sometimes I regret moving out of my parents house only because I spend SO MUCH time by myself. I feel like I've mutated into a hermit and that's what happens when you have no human interaction. ::deep sigh::
ON yet ANOTHER side note, since I haven't written in a while I feel I should touch on the fact that I am extremely disappointed in the person that my sister is becoming. She is so cynical and I really feel that she is going to say the wrong thing to the wrong person and it is going to end horribly. I'm trying to pull away and prevent myself from "nagging" too much. But I don't know which is worse, pushing too much or not pushing at all. We'll see, we'll see, we'll see.
Can I just say that my favorite part of Vegas Birthday trip was the fact that we got Chad to break out of his shell. I had so much fun just watching the minor transformation he had.
I hate my wardrobe, I hate my skin, I hate . . . . just about everything about my appearance right now, and it doesn't help that I am completely single, not to say that it's not my fault. I know "you get back what you put out" but it is almost impossible to meet guys in this day in age when you are walking around by yourself. Who goes out anywhere by themselves? Me. Who has no choice? That would be me. Oh, and who approaches women like these? Fa-REEKS!
I'd like to think I'm confident enough to go out and do things on my own, but I also feel like I'm hindering myself by doing so. It's terrifying. I'm terrified!
. . . Must be nice to be talented. (reference to Miss America LIVE!)
I've depressed myself enough to drink myself into oblivion.
Good Night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment