Thursday, December 20

"The chemistry between us could destroy this place"

My first semester of college I took a Developmental Psychology class. And if I took anything from that class it was that sexuality is a range. From Homosexual to Heterosexual and humans can fall anywhere on the line. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. We as humans are sexual beings and we can find something appealing in someone we would otherwise deam not our "sexual preference". I've fantasized about being with women, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm primarily into men. Manly men. I like them rugged and scruffy and a little smelly even. Give me long hair, a beard and sweat and I totally swoon. Also, going on with this idea, sometimes I feel masculine, or at least less feminine than friends of mine. It all has to do with hormones, I'm not sure what the specifics are but less estrogen results in the excess in another, and in men, less testosterone. If I were going to teach like I originally planned when I first started college, I definitely would have stuck with psychology, specifically gender roles and sex. I find everything so interesting.

I fully believe I have dreams about other women because women are more sensual. The dreams are rare, and its never anyone I know. Always faceless figures. And I have it in my mind that women know what women want. But just like a lot of the dreams I have about men, I would never act them out. I think once I actually start having sex, I won't have to fantasize about it anymore.

My overall opinion on homosexuality is that it is a matter of attraction. Just as some men prefer blondes over brunettes, other men prefer men over women. And I do think it is something they are born with, plain and simple.

No comments: