Here's some food for thought:
Why do we insist on holding on to things that make us feel bad?
Myspace is the worst for this, for the obvious reasons. But even going beyond that, humans are obsessed with telling themselves they aren't good enough. (well, not counting the outliers)
And surprisingly enough, its difficult to deviate from these actions. A woman who weighs herself every morning to see that she still hasn't attained her goal weight. The straight A student who hold onto their first failing course grade. Me, I look at the profiles of lost relationships. And it makes me feel bad, its not helping anything at all. I tell myself I'm holding onto them so I can say "I'm better off" but who's the judge of that?
Question: If love is open to interpretation, how do we know when we've found it?
We have these ideas, based on movies or songs or friends and family but in the end, no one can tell us when we are in love. We have to know for ourselves, and that is an ideal that is so much easier said than done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment