There has been a lot going on in the lives of my friends. I desperately worry about them sometimes. I love my roommate. I think she's the best, having the opportunity to live with her was a big reason why I moved out. We get along great and we have fun just hanging out. But her boyfriend has been causing her so much stress lately and I hate seeing her depressed over this guy! He's actually a pretty good friend of mine and it sucks because usually my supportive "you don't need him", "he's a jerk", "fuck him you can do better" remarks don't really hold water. Her and I have been on the same page about guys on mostly everything except for this situation. It's hard to be in a serious relationship when neither person has been in one before. And both of them are feeling the tension of that. The prime reason I want to be in a relationship with someone who has done the serious thing is I don't want to feel the way she does right now. It tears me up seeing her so upset. And I think it just boiled down to two factors: 1. He assumes that saying "I love you" and buying things is THE way to show affection. 2. She is dependent on him to fix her emotions. I know she has the strength in her to not be this way which is what surprises me, and him being a guy, its natural for him to not be emotional when it comes to her. It just seems like if both of them kind of gave in a bit and met in the middle they would be so happy.
It's late so this is going to be a short post but I'm trying to make this ritualistic. Funny to say, but I have actually been sleeping better and feeling better overall. And I feel like venting here has helped me a lot with that.
Quickly, my last thoughts before I fall asleep:
"My bed wasn't made for one person to sleep in."
"Where else do I want to go next year?"
"I wish I was cuddling with someone right now."
"My bed is SOOO comfy, there's a guy out there that's TOTALLY missing out."
"Insert song lyric here."
Night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment