


And I am so incredibly excited to jump into them. I just finished Part One of the last book, The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I'm sure people at work thought I was strange for bringing a book into work to read on my break, but I don't care. There's a line that says, "I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be." I believe you are given things for a distinct purpose. And that line itself couldn't sum up my current place in life any better. I've already fallen completely in love with the main character, he's so endearing.
I'm really, truly not allowing myself any negative feelings. For the first time in over a year I truly felt like myself. In that fleeting moment I was so high on sheer joy and I'm still slowly floating back down to earth, but I refuse to be sad like I've been. I wasn't put on this earth to be a sad person.
I just remembered a moment in my life where I asked myself whether I see the glass as "half empty or half full." I believe I was somewhere around the age of eight at the time. Which may or may not have an impact on the conclusion I arrived at. Depends on the situation.
I guess you can say I'm an optimistic realist (as apposed to Chad, who I'm sure is a pessimistic realist, but who knows, he's been surprising me lately). But I wouldn't have it any other way. Outside of the external problems I could do without, I genuinely like myself at the moment. And for me, that's saying a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment